Friday, September 19, 2008

Our meeting and the next book!!

Hello Readers,
Our next book has been chosen! You'll have to read to the end to get the name of it... We met this past Tuesday evening at Kathy's home. She made wonderful lasagna and sent us home with homemade pickles! I was in heaven! We talked about the book, "The Art of Racing in the Rain" and it's inevitable ties to the deeper issues in life: loyalty, friendship, inequity, money, fear, and our deeper "demon zebra" self. Written from the perspective of a dog whose obsession with opposable thumbs is hysterical, the book is fresh and witty. I really liked it. It was a welcome change from some of the heavier books we've read lately. I'd love to hear what you thought... anyone read it? Becky, another member of our group, chose the book "Nineteen Minutes" by Jodi Piccoult. I've read it alreay but I will definitely read it again. Being a teacher, the story takes on a whole new life for me. I hope you will read along. It's a gripping story... one that you won't forget. Keep reading... Keep posting!

No comments: