Monday, August 4, 2008

are you reading?

I am almost finished with Animal, Vegetable, Miracle by Barbara Kingsolver and it is changing my life. If you haven't read it yet, please do. It's not anything earth shaking but it's such a good message. I yearn in a new way for my own home- a place where I can invest in the soil, and in turn invest in the well-being of my family: body, mind and spirit. I've never been much of an environmentalist per se, but I can see changes in my awareness of what's around me and what goes into my mouth. This becomes increasingly important as I consider starting a family in the next couple of years. I've become more aware and more open minded...I've even started eating tomatoes... that is my very own miracle.

1 comment:

Gretchen Mattson said...

Hello Beautiful Friend! How I miss you so much! I have new emails and phone numbers. I am sorry I have not updated you. When can we get together? Here is my new cell #: 612-819-3649 and my work email is: gretchen.mattson@isd197.org
How are you? Please let me know. I think about you all of the time and am so happy you graduated with a masters! YAHOO! Love you!